I want to die with my forehead on the ground, The Sunnah in my heart, Allah on my mind, Quran on my tongue, And Tears in my eyes

Friday, May 28, 2010

Personal Jihad

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Asalamu Alaikum

So you guys know what my personal jihads are, music, and prayer. I mean i am not that bad, i dont listen to music about love and stuff, alhamdu lilah, i am not sure  if all music is haram but i try to stick to nasheeds and stuff so ya... as for praying, i really need to start praying on time, i mean alhamdu lilah i never go to sleep without having prayed the 5 daily prayers, but i usually dont pray it as soon as its time comes which is bad.
What if i die before i get to pray, we always think death is so far.
Untill it hits us and its too late, Subhannallah.
I was talking with my big bro bout this earlier today, and i realized that if Allah swt took just one of the things he blessed us with away, we'd be praying all the prayers on time if we could get it back.
A couple of days ago i made a post called Thank you Allah in which i mention things i am thankful for, and realizing how much Allah swt has given me, and imagining if Allah swt took away my family, what would i do.
If Allah swt took away my eyesight
house, a finger, or whatever.
My point is Allah swt gives us so much, and we take it for granted.
Lets try harder.
How do you guys keep up with your prayers?

May Allah swt guide the Ummah and keep us on the path to Jannah, Ameen.

9 comments:

Sana said...

hmm I have problems waking up for fajr. But usually while I'm awake lol and know it's time to pray something inside me gets all antsy until I pray. So Alhamdulillah for that.

Amira said...

Asalamu Alaikum, ameen thuma ameen. So true we don’t realize how blessed we are until its gone. We humans are forgetful creatures. We need constant reminders. What I have been trying to do is listen to sheikhs and quran recitation with translation so that I have that kauwf in me. Constantly reminding my self that this world is but an illusion the real world is the hereafter. I read this hadith yesterday "By Allah! This world compared to the hereafter is like one of you dipping his finger in the ocean and then observing the quantity of water on it."[Muslim] It really puts things in perspective. You can try to have someone in your family remind you as the adhan comes in that its times to pray or yourself set an alarm to go off each prayer time. Make it so that it repeats a couple times in case you disregard it the first time. Try to ask for refuge in Allah as the prayer time comes in as shaitan will try to delay you telling you “oh but just do this first or pray in 5 mins” which will then turn into who knows how long. I’m short on time so I’ll end it here but if you need anything you know where to find me inshallah. May Allah may it easy for you and I and the rest of the ummah to fulfill our obligations correctly and on time. Ameen. x Ma’asalam

Skye said...

Assalaamu Alaikum sis,your so right I always think about that like what if im not here in the next 20mins I want to know that I died being the best muslimah I could possibly be! The way I keep up with my prayers is by having a automic athan on my laptop,majority of the time im on my laptop so as soon as the athan goes off I know its time to pray, or another way is maybe before going out you could check the prayer times and like set a reminder in your phone so every prayer a alarm goes off on your phone. Neway sis hope your well take care mwaaaaa xo

S. H. said...

thanks for join my blog really true what you said, we guess that time is in our hands and we can do all what we want when we want but it only belong to allah.

fashion memoirs said...

I listen to a lot of music, but as for prayer it kinda just got implanted on me as a child. Like my parents would make us pray together and would like hit us if we didn't. Lol so fear and force is what worked with me. And nowdays since I'm not in good health I can't always pray normally. There'll b times where I just sit on my bed and use my mind without moving. I have a reason to pray and I use this as my motivation

Muslim Girl said...

I have a hard time praying as soon as it's time, too. The same thing happens to me that happens to "Falling Up", as in me getting "antsy" until I finally pray! I guess the best thing is to pray AS SOON as the adhaan happens, like, drop everything and pray right away. That's probably the only way to beat the problem :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

hey great blog! come c mine!

http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Remember how I tried to fix my praying habit over winter break? The problem came back. I feel like (excuse the language) crap after I'll be in bed and be all man didn't pray on time or didn't pray today. I seriously hate that I don't pray and I hate myself for not ignoring Satan. I do need help with this but there isn't anyone to look out for me at the moment. I have this goal over the summer that if I don't start praying on time the day school ends, there will be consequences. Insha Allah things go well and I can fix my problem.

Bubbli said...

thank u guys for all ur comments, i downloaded a thing on my PC which plays the azan at every prayer time, and my computer is usually on,, but for when its not, i got this thing from my mom that does the same thing and i put it on my desk, so inshallah i'll make it my mission to pray as soon as the azan comes on no matter what. thanks again <3 BUBBLI